Regular Fall/Winter Service Schedule Begins This Week on September 8th, 2018
9:00 am BCP Sunday Morning Service
- (Traditional said service with no music)
- The 9:00 am service uses the Book of Common Prayer, (BCP) for a Eucharist (Communion) Service. For some information about the BCP and BAS liturgies please go here and read the answer to question #4.
- For Each Day, including Sunday, we read assigned excerpts from the Bible as a focus for thought and prayer: an Old Testament reading, a Psalm, a New Testament Reading, and a Gospel Reading. Gospel readings are taken from the writings in the Book of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. The readings are about what Jesus did or said.
- For the Revised Common Lectionary BCP Readings, please go here. (You will need to scroll down, beyond the BAS readings.)
10:30 am BAS Sunday Morning Service
- The 10:30 service uses the Book of Alternative Services (BAS) For some information about the BCP and BAS liturgies please go here and read to the answer to question #4.
- The 10:30 Service is a Family / children-friendly service with nursery and children’s church
- Contemporary as well as traditional music are used throughout the service.
- A Coffee Hour with light refreshments follows after most services. Please join us for this, we would love to meet you!
On Sundays, free parking is available on Union, Arch and Barrie Streets. During the day on Monday-Friday there is very limited “pay and display” parking on Union Street and a parking lot behind the Court House.
St. James’ is right on the Kingston Transit #19 bus line and is a short walk from lines # 1, 2, 3, 6 and 12.